Saturday October 15th, 2022

The exercise:

Write a four line poem about: results.

Penticton will have a new mayor, and council got significantly younger which, I strongly suspect, will be a good thing overall. The Regional District has two new area directors (one of which I'd say 100% of staff will be happy to hear about), though I'd expected a third. The margin of victory in that one strongly suggests I had no idea what I was talking about.

Monday will see the start of preparation for welcoming a new board of directors to the Regional District, but we've got some time to do that as the inaugural meeting doesn't arrive until November 10th.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Well, that all sounds pretty positive, and I've learned that I should not ask you for election predictions unless I intend to bet against you :) Having a younger, more Tiktok friendly council has to be a good idea -- shorter, less boring meetings and more opportunities to dress up and sing and dance on camera! You'll be calling yourself an 'influencer' before you know it, and Max will be utterly embarrassed by you wherever you go :)
I'm still hoping the new Mayor is a dog, by the way.

Results
I’m obviously mad if that’s how I think
You don’t get results if you give up too fast.
Fritter my life in some chilly old clink?
It’s time for my books; let’s learn from the past!

Marc said...

Greg - still no mayor dog, sorry.

Impressed by the continued optimism displayed by your hero(?). And, obviously, both your insistence and ability to continue the poem itself :)