Tuesday August 29th, 2017

The exercise:

Write two haiku about: users.

Went to the Osoyoos Museum with the family this morning. First time for all the boys, first time in a long time for Kat.

Would have been a lot more enjoyable if Miles had been less insistent on walking around and trying to get into all the exhibits. Was still interesting, from what I was able to see. Would like to go again with just Max.

Local orders this afternoon went smoothly. Only had a handful of orders and everyone managed to get there by 5:15. Not sure how much longer we'll keep going with them now that berries are done for the season, but I guess it will depend on how much interest there is in our apples.

All right, night night.

Mine:

When something breaks I
get the call to fix it but
I can't fix stupid

*     *     *

I know she's using
me. It's not that hard to see.
So why can't I leave?

3 comments:

morganna said...

@Greg: The acrostic was not deliberate. :)
===================
Don't date her, run as
Fast as you can, she'll use you
Up and drop you quick.

Nibbling, nibbling 'til
The leaves are gone, earwigs use
Up the vegetables.

Greg said...

@Morganna: thank-you for the update! Then I am impressed both with yesterday's poem and the accidental acrostic. I think I like your first haiku better this week for its wonderfully phrased warning.

@Marc: You should have told Miles that if he got into an exhibit then the Museum would keep him there as part of it and he'd have to live there forever. I hope you and Max get to enjoy it another time then!
I think I like your first haiku better today as well, as "I can't fix stupid" is one of those truisms that I think to myself far too much. Nowhere near as much as I did as the last job -- the people at the new one are immeasurably better -- but still too much :)

Users
Just put it down! You're
Using up my patience, and
No-one likes me mad!

Keep eating -- buffet
Is all-you-can-eat, so use
Everything, eat more!

Marc said...

Morganna - hmm, tough choice this week. I like the repeated 'nibbling' in your second, but also really like your finishing line and a half in your first. Let us call it a tie and move on :)

Greg - he's too young to use threats like that. He'd probably just laugh.

Happy for you that your coworkers are less aggravating than your old :)

I feel like I can relate to your first haiku much more than I'd like to. It shall still be my favorite this week though. Also: nice acrostic. It serves as a third meaning for user on top of the two in the haikus - very impressive!