Tuesday August 8th, 2017

The exercise:

Write two haiku about: the evacuation.

Got through work on about 2 hours of sleep.

Going to aim big and try to get more sleep than that tonight.

Oh, pictures. Here's one of the fire, taken from our deck:


Here's how things looked this morning when I left for work, from around the same spot as the first picture:


Good times.

Mine:

Quick! What's important?
What can we not leave behind?
We were not prepared.

*     *     *

Get out! Get out now!
But wait - where are we going?
It doesn't matter.

1 Comments:

Greg said...

The fire looks quite dramatic in the dark and, in the morning light, appears to have been closer to you than is entirely comfortable. I do hope that you don't get any more close calls like that!
I think I like your first haiku slightly better today, though I appreciate the sense of urgency you've managed to imbue them both with. The first one, oddly enough, is similar to my approach to flying: just before I get into the taxi to go to the airport I run through the things I must have in order to board and land, and assume that if anything else has been forgotten it can be sorted out when I arrive :)

The evacuation
Oh Diarrhoea!
I've never felt so empty...
Need another life.

Keep still on the loo,
Evacuate. Pity my
Dire rear (and my wife).

[Another accidental acrostic, which really doesn't seem to fit theme today.]