Saturday March 28th, 2020

The exercise:

This time around, the inspiration first, then the prompt:

Yesterday I was playing in the backyard with the boys. Miles was 'hiding' inside the soccer net, then came out while I wasn't looking. Which lead to the following conversation:

Miles: Do you know how I did it?
Me: How?
Miles: A little engine duty!
Me: *slight pause* Engine duty?
Miles: No, like Jay on Ninjago!
Me: *okay... so he heard it...* Oh, a little ingenuity?
Miles: Yeah! A little engine duty!

So go ahead and write a four line poem about: ingenuity.

Or, engine duty, if you're up to that particular challenge.

2 comments:

Greg said...

I like the mix up Max made (and the alliteration I just affected); it's quite ingenious. Or engineered, as he might put it. And he was right about applying a little ingenuity as well, so there's that too :)

Right, on to Part II of the year-long poem. And no, you didn't manage to throw me with Engine duty, as you shall see :-p

Engine Duty
If Commerce is the engine of Government,
The security guards here have Engine Duty.
Through night-vision goggles they are green
And black, and their patrols have… holes.

Marc said...

Greg - Miles made, but yeah, it was pretty spectacular.

And... of course you managed to go with the original form of the prompt. Nicely done. I look forward to this progressing.