Tuesday June 14th, 2022

The exercise:

Write two haiku about: team building.

We had a little social get together before the end of the day for my department at work this afternoon. It's the first time we've been able to do something like that since I started (and we've had two more new people join since then) so it was really nice to have the chance to just hang out.

It's definitely been a bonus that I really like everyone on my team at the RDOS and it hasn't just been about the shorter commute for me.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Hmm, I think you mean that you like everyone on your team except for the chair-thief ;-) But it is good that you like the new job as much as you do, and it's very true that the people are usually what makes a job great, moreso than the work. And the bike riding you're now doing.

I have a call today around lunchtime that is likely to set the direction of the company for the future, and while I'm pretty sure I know what's going to be said (and I'm fairly happy about it, if that's what happens), it's still a big event for us. I'll update you when it doesn't have to be secret any more :)

Team building
It was 'team building'
We all banded together
And burned the office.

-----
Sam and Sue hate me
Team building starts with them both;
I'm replacing them!

Marc said...

Greg - my assumption is that the chair thief works outside my department team. In fact, they must as nobody on my team would do that and it would be obvious that they'd be sitting in my freshly missing chair.

Oh, I do look forward to hearing the results of this call! I suspect if I manage to keep going with comments I might see it shortly...

The team building in your first is definitely the sort of thing we were getting close to doing in Osoyoos, as it was realistically the only way we would be getting a new town hall in the next decade...