Tuesday February 5th, 2013

The exercise:

Write two haiku about: confidence.

My first poem was inspired by an idea I have for a story opening - since it's been bouncing around my head for the last two days, I figured I should at least get this much out.

The second one? Well, it is Two Haiku Tuesday. I had to write something!

Mine:

With a cocky smile
he does the crossword in pen
(with Wite-Out nearby).

*     *     *

At night he walks these
seething streets with only his
name for protection.

2 comments:

Greg said...

I'm intrigued by what the story opening could be now! The haiku is definitely interesting, and reminds me of an idea for a cryptic crossword I have hanging around. It needs more work, but the basic premise would be that someone has already filled the grid in, wrongly in almost all cells. Solvers must correct the entries, and the letters that are right from both fills spell out a message. The trick would be to have letters in the grid that can be easily changed into others (T to I, I to H, C to O etc.) but it would be quite demanding to construct.

Anyway. I like your first haiku better this week!

Confidence
She's so confident
That her smile lights up the room
(And she has matches...)

---------
Believe in yourself
(Well – fake it till you make it)
That's the real secret.

Marc said...

Greg - I'll try to get the whole opening down reasonably soon, as it has quite captured my imagination recently.

That'd be one hell of a crossword, by the way.

Hah, I like both of yours equally this week :)