Tuesday July 20th, 2021

The exercise:

Write two haiku about: an emergency.

Oh, what fun we're having around here these days. (If that link doesn't work, just go here and have  a scroll through the recent news - 90% of it will likely be related to wildfires)

As I write this, a portion of Osoyoos is on evacuation alert, but no evacuation orders have been given within the town. Surrounding properties have been given the order to go, including some friends we have on Anarchist Mountain who literally got the notice while we were on a video call with them this evening.

Looking forward to another day of phone calls from locals and tourists alike tomorrow.

2 comments:

Greg said...

I hope you don't have to evacuate, especially since you've not been long in your new home! But equally I hope that the wildfires don't get anywhere near you either, as that would solve the evacuation problem at the same time :) My advice is that you tell the locals to keep an eye on the moose and leave when they do, and tell the tourists that ash is a great skin conditioner and if they catch fire they should sit down and wait for a Mountie to put them out :)

Since you asked about Friendly Fire in a recent comment, I think they got a mention, in passing, in the Horsemen tale about Mercy when War was explaining why he'd brought Scuffles along with him. But there was no cameo and it was a couple of sentences at most, so I guess we can say their proper introduction in that story was new?

Emergency
What is emergent?
Fire burns down the wilderness,
brings the monsters out....

----
Merging my spreadsheets
Caused an emergency. All
salaries are wrong!

Marc said...

Greg - we're safely out of reach here in Penticton, thankfully. So far, at any rate.

I'd be glad to tell the tourists to sit and burn but apparently I'm not allowed.

And that does sound familiar, now that you've explained it. Thanks!

Yes, why not bring the monsters out as well. Sure.

Also: as long as my salary is wrong in an increased-sort-of-way, I don't mind this 'mergency.