Tuesday December 7th, 2021

The exercise:

Write two haiku about: a snow day.

Link, for those unfamiliar with the term. Took one yesterday because there was no way I was dealing with the roads and other drivers after the amount of snow we got overnight Sunday. I think Kat told me about a three car accident just south of Penticton about five minutes after I told work I was staying home.

Went in today and it was mostly fine on the way there and totally fine on the drive home.

Now I just have to pretend that they're not calling for more snow later this week.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Snow is nature's comfort blanket. You're definitely looking at it the wrong way. Just because all your other weather this year has tried to kill you... :-p
There are no snow days in Malta because there is no snow, ever. The last time they had serious hail was apparently back in the 1950s. But when it rains here the roads (literally) turn into rivers because they don't build any drainage when they build the roads and since the rain is not common the Maltese don't know how to drive in it, but that doesn't stop them trying. On roads that are actually centimetres deep in water....

Snow day
Snow has fallen hard,
Covered the car and the kids...
Back to bed for me!

-----
Today's a snow day,
Tomorrow's a lava day,
Friday's Ragnarok.

Marc said...

Greg - uh huh.

I recall it raining lightly while I was exploring... bah, I'm going to have to look it up, I've forgotten. Gozo, that's it. But I was there in... would have been April... so it didn't seem out of place to me.

Definitely glad I wasn't there for a serious downpour!

Hah, relate too much to your first. Your second... honestly, sounds about right for this year.