Saturday October 18th, 2008

The exercise:

Well the workshop was amazing - and I'm not just saying that because the link to this page is going to be sent out to Ruth Ozeki and all of my fellow participants. But on that note - it was a pleasure to meet, speak with and hear from all of you this weekend. What a great experience.

I invite you all to drop by here whenever you're in need of a writing prompt or exercise or just want to see what sort of randomness I've come up with that day.

I wrote a lot in the last two days and I plan on sharing some of it here... but today is Saturday, and 'round these parts that means it's the day to write a four line poem. So - the topic for today's poem is: inspiration.

Mine:

Moved by words and silence -
We're writers not islands;
So hear the words we use
And be each others' muse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A spark, a flame.
A sudden flash of light.
A desire to be more.
An excitement deep within.