Wednesday October 15th, 2008

The exercise:

Write a scandalous poem about a favorite cartoon or nursery rhyme character. Definitely have a read through the ones on the site, there are some amazing poems there.

I came up with mine today at the tail end of my lunch break and then mostly finished it during my afternoon break. I then made the silly mistake of typing it up in a rush and then waiting until I got home to fix it up... but by then not one but two chapters had been added on and my post was locked. Blaaaah.

So here it is, in its intended form.

Mine:

Donald was always an ill-tempered bird
Fighting and quacking those four letter words
He learned his fowl habits in the navy
Upon the the seas of the world so wavy

But have you heard why they gave him the boot?
And the real reason he still wears the suit?
Just sit back and I shall tell you the tale
Of an angry duck drunk on rum and ale

It begins on a dark and stormy night
At the pub Don was spoiling for a fight
The bartender said he had had enough
So with her Donald started getting rough

Fists, feathers flew - it was quite the thrashing
The duck won with a beer bottle bashing
But his victory was cut short, my chums -
Turned out Don had beat up his captain's mum!

His fate was sealed, he was soon a goner
Court-martialed and discharged, without honor
As for the suit on his body so plump?
It won't come off- it's stapled to his rump!

No comments: