Monday June 30th, 2008

The exercise:

I was sitting out on the balcony trying to figure out what to write about. And the sun was setting. So, shockingly, I ended up writing about sunsets. I know, sometimes my own creativity awes me too.

Mine:

When the sun dipped into the ocean,
The final trick of Day's magician,
Where red sky and blue water met,
We would say that Jupiter had set.
That summer in Mexico
Doesn't seem so long ago.

I remember a different night,
The October air had quite a bite;
As we left the pub he said with a sly grin:
The heroes ride into the sunset again!
That one evening in Cologne
I didn't feel so alone.

Now the sun has gone to bed tonight.
Alone, I watch this fading light.
You're sleeping, three thousand miles away,
It's your tomorrow in my today.
And though the sky is lovely here,
It appears dull without you near.

No comments: