Sunday June 15th, 2008

The exercise:

It's Father's Day - write about your dad, about being a dad, becoming a dad, being your own dad or however you want to approach the subject of fatherhood.

Mine:

Slow to anger, listening fully, silently, at peace with the world,
He is Patience.
Unending selflessness, encouragement and support,
He is Generosity.
Sweat on the brow, dirt on the hands, grease on the shirt,
He is Hard Work.
The look in his eyes, the way he carries himself,
He is Quiet Confidence.
Loves his wife, loves his kids,
He is a Family Man.
Fair man, kind man, holy man,
He is my Moral Compass.
My model of a man, what I hope to be,
He is my Father.

Happy Father's Day Dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best poem a Dad could ever get, tears to my eyes, proud of the son who wrote it.

Dad