Friday December 5th, 2008

The exercise:

Def Poetry Jam Friday brings you Joe Hernandez-Kolski's definition of Cool.

Mine:

You have to admit, Joe knows the deal. I can't even pretend to disagree with any of his points.

He's particularly spot on about cell phones and the email thing, although I don't get too many of those any more. But cell phones? Man alive. You want to see me on the brink of physical assault? Watch me when someone nearby is walking down the sidewalk, or standing on the bus, looking at their phone, trying to figure out who it is, or whether they want to speak to that person right now.

All while their cell phone is blaring some stupid song.

Me? I'm embarrassed if I forget to switch my phone from ringing to vibrating when I'm on the bus. These people? Not a care in the world. Because, you know, their taste in music is obviously awesome and needs to be appreciated. By everyone. Ever.

Anyway. I'll leave you with another of Joe's performances. Enjoy.

No comments: