Monday December 29th, 2008

The exercise:

The prompt for today is: wind storm.

Mine:

The trees are dancing in the sun’s fading light while the gingerbread houses of my neighbourhood watch silently, their eyes painted with white and blue Christmas lights. The wind whistles through my window as I observe the maple tree’s swaying limbs and the pine tree’s fleeing needles.

The street light is rocking gently back and forth, unable to resist joining the ballet. A solitary bird struggles by on feeble wings, too stubborn to turn and allow the gusts to take it where they please. The SUV across the street rumbles to life, unafraid of the slush and snow covering the road like dunes of sand on a far away beach.

Will I find the courage to join this perfect parade? Or shall I hide inside, awaiting calmer conditions?

But what is the use in waiting? There will never be another now, so join me as I go out to embrace this moment of wonder and beauty.

1 comment:

Ruby said...

As the wind blows, I sit safe in my house, no worry in the world.
As I watch the houses beside me get destroyed, I start to worry.
I wonder how something not alive can do so much damage to our
great world. I then run out of my house with my special items and
watch my house fly in all directions.