Wednesday December 31st, 2008

The exercise:

With the end of the year at hand, today's starter is simply: 2008.

Mine:

We’re about to enter the final year of the first decade of this millennium. Do you remember all the nonsense going on at the end of 1999, with all the y2k concerns bouncing around? Yeah, that was 9 years ago.

2008 has been a year of big birthdays. I, along with the vast majority of my friends, turned 30; throw in two 60ths, a 70th and an 80th within my family’s and Kat’s and you’ve got a pretty significant year.

I’ve done a lot of writing this year and I feel like I’ve made some big improvements. I don’t know about practice making perfect, but it sure makes a difference. I’m finally starting work on a novel, the first draft of which will be going online starting this Friday over at Protagonize - I’ll be sure to post a note here when it begins. I know it’s going to need a lot of rewriting but I’m looking forward to finally reaching that stage in the process.

We’re celebrating the end of the year tonight by having some friends over for drinks, games and general good cheer. I’m looking forward to it.

And I’m looking forward to 2009 and all it holds in store.

Happy New Year’s to you and yours; be safe and be joyful.

4 comments:

Pegs said...

Well, my dear you are no longer a Non-followed virgin...glad to be the first:)lol

Alya~

Marc said...

Thanks for prodding me to get off my lazy butt and finally add it.

And thanks for following :)

Unknown said...

This was a year of big birthdays for me, too - I turned 30 (le sigh) as well.

I am now a follower, too. :D I think the idea of daily writing is excellent. I need the discipline, and maybe this will help!

Marc said...

Thanks Ana - and thirty isn't so bad, really :)