Saturday February 19th, 2011

The exercise:

A four line poem about: green.

The first seeds of the season went into the soil today. In the greenhouse, but still - it might as well be spring already. Now somebody tell that to the howling, freezing cold wind out there.

Right, I promised boat trip pictures. Our guide picked us up on the beach behind our guesthouse, arriving right on time in his motorboat. Here's a shot of a particularly undeveloped stretch of coast we cruised by:


Shortly after that we came across a group of feeding pelicans. We hung out with them for a while and our guide borrowed my camera to take a few pictures. I think he might have done that once or twice before:


Here's us in the boat:


When we finally got to Black River it didn't take us long to spot a crocodile:


But this guy, hanging out on the beach, was definitely the highlight:


I'm going to have to share a link to the full collection of pictures once I get them all uploaded - I feel like I'm skipping so many in order to not swamp the blog with them.

Mine:

Black seeds buried in brown soil,
We're all feeling so keen;
Now we'll add some clear water
And pray it comes up green.

3 comments:

Greg said...

The crocodiles are fantastic! I look forward to seeing the full collection; you're right, too many pictures on here would overshadow the writing practice element of it I think.
Your pictures definitely deserve a wider audience though.
I'm glad to hear that the seed are going in, and your poem is a neat reflection on that work too :)

Green
He's not so bright but he tries,
He thinks Sylvestra's always mean,
He wants to be a real villain,
The lightbulb who is Green.

David said...

Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Green

Yellow and red make orange.
Red and blue make purple.
Try again.
Moron.

Marc said...

Greg - I was tempted to write a poem about Green as well, but I'm glad I left it up to you :)

David - have to admit, that last line made me laugh.