Tuesday January 10th, 2017

The exercise:

Write two haiku about: rage.

Not inspired by anything that happened today. Actually, I added it to my prompt idea list after the incident on the road on my previous trip to Penticton and just haven't felt like using it until today.

Kat took Max to his first swimming lesson this afternoon. Sounds like he started out pretty tentatively but was totally into it by the end. Hopefully that trend continues next week.

I stayed home with Miles and he slept the entire time they were gone. It was pretty great. If only I'd known he was going to do that, then I could have gotten into something a little more in depth, rather than expecting him to wake up at any moment.

Mine:

Fire in my veins.
Screams fill my mighty lungs. But
rocks replace my brains...

*     *     *

This dying light is
no match for my rage - this is
not the end just yet.

3 comments:

morganna said...

Kick and scream, they will
Give into my rage in time
I am The Toddler!

Screams fail, I shall now
Open my dirty diaper
Art of the toddler.

Greg said...

@Morganna: I think there's a lot of truth in those two haiku! I've seen the first in action, mostly in public places, but thankfully not the second. However, it is my favourite today for that last line!

@Marc: The swimming sounds good! Although with all the water around you being frozen at the moment, maybe the wrong time of year? ;-) Hah, I can picture you trying to pick things to do that can be easily put down in case Miles wakes up again!
I like the second haiku better this week for the casual reference to Dylan Thomas I think.

Rage
Fury Alecto,
Unceasing in rage, stands with
Megaera and screams

Ice explodes, in stars
Nuclear fusion halts, the
Gods themselves tremble.

[Reference here for the Erinyes, or Furies. I think I've referred to Alecto before on Protagonize so you might remember this.]

Marc said...

Morganna - I have experienced your first. I wish to never experience the second. Still made me laugh though :D

Greg - I figure by the time the lake thaws he'll have this swimming stuff sorted out and he can enjoy himself outdoors. For now, he can learn at the indoor pool :)

Excellent acrostic haiku today. Always impressed when you manage to do that. Maybe I should try it some time.

Both good, I think I like your second best. Close call though.