Friday August 9th, 2019

The exercise:

Write four lines of prose about: the wallet.

My wallet disappeared last Wednesday. Vanished, really. I have no idea where it went to. I held out hope until Sunday then started making calls. So far I've got a temporary driver's license, replaced my debit card, and a replacement credit card (which arrived in the mail today).

Good timing, seeing as we're off for a little visit to Vancouver tomorrow morning.

We'll be back on Tuesday. I will try to find time to post prompts while we're gone.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Oh, that's disturbing news. You should probably keep an eye on the accounts behind those cards for a few days too and just check there are no purchases credited there that you didn't make. Now you have the new cards the old ones should be disabled, but it can sometimes take a few days for things to show up in the bills.

The Wallet
There was a short pause while the Dictionary, affectionately known around the room as the Big Red Book, was brought over by the arbitrator, who showed it round the table like a bottle of wine so everyone could confirm that this was the official authority over the game, and then a longer pause while Mary got her temper back under control and picked up her tiles from the board.
"Zero," said Theresa without a hint of gloating, and then spoiled it by getting her wallet out of her bag and silently handing ten dollars over to Maureen.
"What is that supposed to mean?" snarled Penelope, her eyes flashing with anger.
"SITZKRIEG," said Maureen placidly, setting the letters down to run across JOKERS and DOGGY, "for lots more than zero."

Marc said...

Greg - I kept looking for activity on them and when nothing continued to appear, I was only more annoyed, because it meant I'd lost it and it hadn't been stolen. I still have no bloody idea where it went.

Love the presentation of the official Scrabble dictionary. Fits the tale perfectly :)