Wednesday July 16th, 2008

The exercise:

Pick a number that has some significance to you right now and use that number as your topic.

Mine:

Kat and I celebrated our third anniversary today... as well as we could, considering I'm here in Vancouver and she's over in Quebec. Three years is by far the longest relationship either of us have had but our secret to making it work isn't staying three thousand miles apart.

Kat is coming back home on Friday after almost three weeks in Quebec doing a French teachers training course. This has been the longest we've been apart since we began dating (aaallll the way back in 2005) and it's been pretty strange for me.

We've been living together for just over a year now and having the place to myself for the last few weeks has been quite the adjustment. There's been no splitting chores, no sharing the garden work (or harvest), no you do the cooking and I'll do the dishes, no one to watch TV and read books or magazines with, and no one beside me in bed each night.

I'm not going to claim that the time apart has made me realize I've been taking Kat for granted because I know I haven't, but I guess it has renewed my appreciation for her company. And it's going to be damn good to see her again in two days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw you're so sweet! Camps is a lucky gal!