Monday July 28th, 2008

The exercise:

Today marks the 50th consecutive day of my Daily Writing Practice, so to "celebrate" the starter for today is: your 50th birthday. How would you/did you celebrate it? What would be the perfect way to turn fifty? Or would you rather skip that one altogether?

Mine:

I'll start the day with a little lie-in because I'm pretty sure that in twenty years I'll still find sleeping in to be a treat. I don't want to envision a future where I don't enjoy lying in bed for half the morning.

The afternoon will be spent outside... maybe a nice hike in the mountains or forest. On the way back home I'd say a stop for ice cream would be in order. Oh, did I forget to mention I'll be in New Zealand? It's actually warm there in October, so getting ice cream would be a reasonable course of action.

I'd be happy to finish the day with a nice dinner out, somewhere with a view of the ocean and a great glass of wine. And of course Kat would be there throughout it all and we'd watch the sun go down together. That sounds just about perfect to me.

No comments: