Wednesday July 2nd, 2008

The exercise:

I really enjoyed the 'random cd' exercise from a couple weeks ago so I decided to do it again. This time I took out the Johnny Cash cd from the options and rolled the dice to select from those that remained. It ended up taking me someplace I had no intention of going once again so I think I'll continue to bring this exercise back regularly.

Mine:

Beck - Guero - Missing

I prayed heaven today would bring its hammer down on me. To drive the nail that is my body deep into the earth so that I would be grounded at last; my thoughts no longer scattered, instead tied to one solid base.

I begged for clarity, wisdom, voracity. I asked for eyes to see the truth of my life and ears to hear the beauty of it; for lips to taste the sweetness and fingers to touch the blessings all around me.

And in prayer, in supplication, in the asking of these questions I saw my answers and was humbled and made grateful.

No comments: