Saturday February 22nd, 2014

The exercise:

Write a four line poem about: a threat.

Today I survived my first full shift in two weeks, though there may have been a ten minute nap in the bowling alley included in there somewhere. Hard to say.

Either way, I am very tired. My bed is calling, and I don't think it's going to be very interested in allowing me to get up to watch any part of the hockey game tomorrow morning. So I shall just have to hope for good news whenever I do wake up.

Mine:

You don't want me
To do this thing.
So please behave,
Don't make me sing.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Go Canada! As far as I can tell there's still three hours to go to the game at the moment, so I can't leave a spoiler for the score for you :)
Well done on the shift; the first one after time off is always the hardest. I solve this problem by never being allowed to go on holiday!
Cute little poem, especially if you're tired when you wrote it. That's definitely a threat I'd heed!

the Threat
Little Miss Muffet, sat on her tuffet,
Was eating ice cream and honey.
Along came a spider, who sat down beside her,
And whispered "Your life or your money!"

Marc said...

Greg - yeah, the first one back is always the toughest to get through. Glad it's behind me now.

Hah, I was not expecting that final line at all. Very nicely done :D