Tuesday February 18th, 2014

The exercise:

Write two haiku about: the goon.

I didn't really miss going bowling tonight. I (almost) always had fun once I was there, but it was a weekly hassle to get out of the house on time. Maybe it's just because I'm sick right now, but I appreciated having a more relaxed evening this week.

Mine:

They always ask me
how much I can bench, never
which school I went to.

*     *     *

"Scare 'em straight, that's all."
Fair enough, I suppose, but
they're only toddlers.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Wikipedia has a page about Goons. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but it feels like this kind of justifies why I don't take it seriously.
I suspect you might have missed going bowling more if you'd not been having to organise it all :) Still, your illness did conveniently wait until after it had stopped to keep you at home on Tuesday evening!
I can't choose between your haiku this week, they're both beautifully clever and expressed. If you put a gun to my head I might choose the second, but a knife to my throat and I'd choose the first!
Finding a six letter acrostic has been tough (ahem) but I think I found one! I did wonder about "Gooner" for a while, but it turns out that it's a nickname for an Arsenal FC fan, not a resident of the more Northern states of the USA.

The goon
Too hard 2 brain now;
O but I have teh stupids.
U talk really gud!

------

'Goon''s my job title!
Have some respect and call me
Sir. (I can crush you.)

Marc said...

Greg - hah, that's a good point. I'm just not even surprised anymore when I search for something and it comes up with a wikipedia page, no matter how... useless it may actually be.

I was curious to see what you'd go with on this one. I think my guess was 'gooned', but I'm not sure.

Your first made me laugh, quite a bit, so that's my pick for this week :D