Friday September 2nd, 2016

The exercise:

Write four lines of prose about: Literal Larry.

Who? Is he a relative of Lackadaisical Larry?

Probably. Up to each of us to decide for ourselves though.

Had a successful trip to Penticton with the family today. Got some groceries, had a visit with Kat's friend and her three(!) girls, and... got Max a bike helmet, knee and elbow pads, and bike gloves.

As you may be able to tell from the following, we let him pick the helmet:


And a side view, to fully appreciate the spikiness of it all:


After we got home we put all his gear on and he biked around the front yard until dinner. After dinner he wanted to do it some more, despite his obvious exhaustion.

Our denial of this desire created quite the scene, as I'm sure you can imagine.

Anyway. Pretty sure I know what most of tomorrow is going to look like in the land of Max.

Mine:

"These frickin' accident reports are making me tear my hair out!"

"I dunno boss, it looks to me like you've still got all your hair."

"Go to hell, Larry."

"You know I just spent two weeks trying to find it... but all right, I'll have another look."

2 comments:

Greg said...

Well, it sounds like Max has his favourite ever present then! Hopefully you'll be able to get him to accept that bedtime is more important than biketime soon :)
Heh, I like that the first line of your prose today hints, very gently, at a connection between your two Larries! And I do feel a little sorry for this one; he seems to have a bad boss for his literalness.

Literal Larry
"Why do we have PETA in our offices spray-painting slogans on our employees and putting posters up on the walls?"
"Someone told Larry that it was raining cats and dogs, boss."
"I thought I told you to remove his phone privileges?"
"You told the other Larry that, boss...."

Marc said...

Greg - yes, I think so.

And thanks, glad you noticed the hint :)

Haha, and I very much appreciate that you final line also hints at the other Larry. Great fun :D