Saturday September 3rd, 2016

The exercise:

Write a four line poem about: teeth.

In honor of Miles going through teething hell at the moment.

Went for a family walk (me, and Kat), bike ride (Max), and stroller ride (Miles) down by the lake in town this morning. Max did really well and got lots of praise for his helmet.

Some friends were doing a yard sale today and Kat found out this morning that they were selling a toddler basketball hoop stand thing. We've been looking for one for a while, so I swung by this afternoon to pick it up.

Max spent the rest of the day alternating between playing basketball and riding his bike.

I think we can lay off the whole "getting him stuff" thing until his birthday now.

Mine:

They tell me that they're coming,
That my first will be here soon.
Well it better hurry up,
Cuz it feels as big as the moon...

3 comments:

Greg said...

Haha, if you get Max any more stuff he'll have to give up sleeping in order to have time to play with all of it! But it sounds like you're getting him into sports early, so maybe he'll be a hockey player when he grows up. I bet he doesn't play for the Canucks though... :-P
Well, you making teething sound unpleasant! I can't say I remember teething, which is probably something to be thankful for, and I don't remember my adult teeth coming through as being particularly painful either, but your poem makes me very glad of all that!

Teeth
They say the lion has got no teeth,
They think he must be easy prey.
But this wily foe has hired an army,
Who will surely win the day.

Unknown said...

As white as a cloud,
No hesitation to smile;
They make me proud,
I brush for a while.

Marc said...

Greg - you're probably right about the sleeping thing. Even more reason to hold off on getting him more stuff :)

Really enjoyed your take on the prompt. Could easily be expanded upon, but I like the way it is just like this.

Isaac - hello and welcome to the blog! Thanks for stopping by :)

Hah, great take on the prompt. I can quite easily picture this smile, and all the work that goes into it!