Monday September 8th, 2008

The exercise:

Today's starter is: the night ride.

Feeling pretty zonked tonight, I did what I could with this one. Bed is calling.

Mine:

Legs pumping, propelling me through the darkness. Cool night air rushing past, rejuvenating my tired body. Alive, feeling so alive...

Faster, faster!

Swerve around the car pulling suddenly out of its parking spot.

Onward, no slowing, heart pounding.

Dodge careless pedestrians, their shouts of alarm fading into the distance so quickly. Pedals are my feet, feet are the pedals.

Shadows. Street light. Shadows. Street light.

Home already?

No, not yet, time for once more 'round the block.

2 comments:

Yuri said...

I'll give this a go!

I was bleary eyed with fatigue but I couldn't let go of the wheel. My singular purpose for being in the car at this time was driving me forward. I had to reach the hotel, there just wasn't any other alternative. My stomach knotted at the thought of what I might find there.

I checked the dashboard clock, 2:20am. Damn it, later than I thought. Please please let me not be too late. I couldn't fail at this, not now. Not when this was the only thing he'd ever asked me to do.

Hmm, I veered from the "night ride" prompt a bit.

Marc said...

Wow, I totally missed you posting this. Sneaky, sneaky.

I liked it a lot, and don't worry about straying. The point is to have a place to start from - where you go from there is up to you, and never, ever wrong :)