Sunday September 14th, 2008

The exercise:

So I typed up a poem to post at Protagonize but when I went back to submit it someone else had already taken it's spot. I rather liked what I had come up with and I didn't want to toss it so it's going up here. The first post in the 'story' was: The Essence of the Color, the Color is Blue.

Mine:

The color of red
Is the color I bled
When they prematurely cut your thread

It is the anger I knew
The roses coated with dew
And your coffin's sad and gentle hue

It is the warning we missed
The lips I kissed
The dress you wore when we danced in the mist

It is the passion we shared
The fires that flared
When we held each other with souls bared

It is the cherries we tasted
The love notes we pasted
The wine we opened but then wasted

It is the traffic light
That was out of sight
For the driver that hit you that night

The essence of red, too
May it forever be true
Is the color of my love for you

2 comments:

Monica Manning said...

Heartbreaking, Marc. Beautiful, and heartbreaking.

Gillty said...

Wow, your poem was way better than that other chick that took the spot. That sucks too, you beat her by a million miles with your poem.