Tuesday May 18th, 2010

The exercise:

This week's Two Haiku Tuesday brings with it: the alphabet.

Against my better judgment I signed up for Protagonize's Spring Poetry Tournament and the challenge this round is alliteration. The thirty of us have been split into ten groups of three and each group has been given a letter to use as much as possible in our poems. As we're doing things anonymously this go 'round, I can't tell you my letter right now but I think I'm going to have fun with it.

Wedding update: outfit purchased. Now I just need a pair of shoes to go with it.

Did I really just type that?

Mine:

As Aloysius
brazenly bartered babies,
craven Cole called cops.

*     *     *

Why are U and I
so far apart? Don't they know
we're inseparable?

3 comments:

morganna said...

Twenty-six letters
Sixty-four sounds. No wonder
Nobody can spell!

(I think it's sixty-four sounds in English.) :)

And just for fun:
apple baby car
deer egg fly get happy ice
jump kite lift mice no

ox press quilt rip sew
time under vex wood x-ray
yippee zebra

Greg said...

You didn't tell me you were in the tournament! Good luck!

Learning my letters:
I'm abecedarian,
What comes after Q?

-------------

Alpha and Beta,
I use these Hebrew letters
Only for maths now.

Marc said...

Morganna - haha, I tried doing a haiku with the starting letters all in a row and couldn't get past g or h :)

And yes, it really isn't surprising people have so much trouble spelling, is it?

Greg - thanks, I suspect I'll need it this round!

Abecedarian, that's a new one for me. I'll have to write it down for later use.