Saturday May 1st, 2010

The exercise:

Your four line poem prompt this week is: the walking wounded.

In lieu of getting lots of writing done last week, I've been making good progress on re-reading and fiddling with my NaNoWriMo novel. I've done more work on that in the last seven days than I did in the preceding two months.

It's been a pleasant surprise that I'm actually enjoying the story and I actually have some hope for how it will turn out once I'm finished tweaking it.

I'm on page 87 of 110 at the moment and I have a feeling I won't be getting much other writing done until I get to the end of it.

Mine:

It's really not that bad,
I'll be just fine...
Just don't make me laugh
Or I'll start cryin'.

3 comments:

Greg said...

I'm enjoying your story too, and I hope you've been getting my various comments on your chapters (up to chapter 6 so far, but there's far fewer comments after that, so I've been saving them up! I'll get more to you soon, promise.)

There's nothing like enforced bed rest to get stuff like that done though. Thank God bed-rest precludes things like home decoration and renovation....

The walking wounded

I'm not a zombie, it's all okay!
I won't eat anyone's brains,
It's just a flesh wound (or three),
And lots of sundry pains.

g2 (la pianista irlandesa) said...

Pain it ain't deadly, I'm still alive
They say that I'll make it, that I will survive.
I may be here living, but with a scar on my heart
I'm walking, walking wounded, pain only at its start

Marc said...

Greg - thanks, that's good to hear. I've been saving your comments as I get them but I'm not going to look at them until I finish my first run through. I am easily sidetracked :)

I haven't been mistaken for a zombie yet, so I'll take that as a good sign.

g2 - I quite like the rhythm of that, nicely done :)