Friday September 29th, 2017

The exercise:

Write four lines of prose about: the fruit pickers.

Look at me, all caught up on comments. Pretty sure it's been at least six months since I could say that.

Planning on making some changes so that I can keep it this way. I'm quite done with getting so far behind on replying to comments. Thank you for your patience while I've been such a poor host.

Had the morning to myself (thus the comment catch up). Spent the afternoon with the boys. Sunshine. Good first day off.

Mine:

"Well, I'm done for the day."

"It's not even noon!"

"Yeah, but look at all the apples I've picked!"

"What, barely half a bin... and there are bite marks in all of these."

2 comments:

Greg said...

Congratulations on catching up on comments! I'm very impressed, and I hope your changes will make it easier to keep up with them. I do enjoy reading your comments on our writing, by the way, it's definitely not going to waste!
Haha, and again this tale sounds like it could have come from real life! I like the bite-marks detail most, that made me smile broadly.

The fruit pickers
"All this fruit we're picking... what do you think it's for?"
"Children's medicine so it doesn't taste so bad."
"Oh... are you sure?"
"Yes, these are the sweetest hot chili peppers you'll ever find!"

Marc said...

Greg - thanks :)

I was actually picturing Miles 'helping' pick apples. I could just see him putting his partially eaten apple in the bins with all the good apples Kat's parents had already picked...

Well, I suppose that's one way to get rid of the taste... :)