Saturday September 23rd, 2017

The exercise:

Write a four line poem about: the obstacle course.

Max got a free ticket to do the Freak'n Farmer obstacle race through learning centre (and he's been very excited to do it ever since we explained what it was), so we headed up to Covert Farms this morning for him to do the 'mini' course. Which, at 1.5 km, didn't seem super mini by the end.

Anyway. He rocked it. Over balancing obstacles, climbing up and down obstacles, running full out from station to station, getting wet and muddy, swinging over a pile of tomatoes (seriously) - he did it all. We were very proud of him.

Here he is with the medal he got after crossing the finish line:


It's my favorite picture of the day, partially because most of my pictures of him doing the obstacles were taken from so far away (because he was out there doing it without us). He can't wait to do it again. And I just might have to do the adult version next year.

Mine:

Look at him doing it
Without a single piece of armor!
Go my little man go -
You are a damned fine Freak'n Farmer!

2 comments:

Greg said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I definitely think you should do the adult version... but Kat should compete against you and see who wins :) And the poem is a very nice celebration of the day, though Max in armour is probably a worth a photograph too!

The obstacle course
Your obstacle course doesn't stand a chance
Against my reinforced bulldozer.
Yes, it's just a metaphor for our marriage
And this is how I'm bringing us closer.

Marc said...

Greg - might end up doing it with my sisters, actually. We shall see.

That is an amazing take on the prompt. The image of the bulldozer leveling the metaphorical obstacle course is brilliant, and I really love that final line.

Is the acrostic intentional? Because I can totally hear the narrator saying 'yeah, yeah' that I think it fits wonderfully :)