Friday September 8th, 2017

The exercise:

Write four lines of prose about: the lawyer.

Long day with the boys. Miles didn't nap and didn't go to bed particularly early either. Max might be coming down with a cold so he was pretty cranky by the end of the day. Hopefully a good night's sleep helps to put everyone back to rights tomorrow.

Me included. I'm back to day one with the town, so I'm heading for sleepy time night nights now.

Mine:

This case file is getting out of hand. The defense attorney is trying to bury me under six feet of paperwork and he might just do it - I think I strained my back carrying the damned file from my cabinet to my desk. Clearly he cares more about winning the case than his client's obvious guilt in this matter which, I suppose, I can't blame him for.

But it's days like this that I find myself wishing I'd skipped law school and signed up for vigilante training instead...

2 comments:

Greg said...

With luck they'll both sleep in tomorrow morning and you'll have a few hours (well, minutes) of peace before they wake up and start demanding things :)
Haha, your description of a difficult case sounds about right! Having seen some of the files one of my old companies had to put together just to prove that they weren't discriminating in an interview (the "victim" turned out to have a history of attending interviews and the claiming discrimination and sueing companies. He made a mistake with us though: he alleged racial discrimination because he was black. As he'd not actually met the recruitment manager he didn't know that that guy was black too...) I can assure you that's a perfectly reasonable size :)

The lawyer
Sylvestra infused into the room, the walls seeming to exude a carbon-black smoke that gradually coalesced and solidified into a human form standing with its hands on its hips and frowning. Dr. Septopus splashed in his bath, startled and slightly scared.
"Green has passed the bar exam," said Sylvestra, her voice promising pain to anyone coming within reach. "Now who could have put him up to that idea?"

Marc said...

Greg - nah, I'm pretty much always out of the house on work mornings before anyone else is out of bed. I was mostly hoping for Kat's sake :)

Man, some people. That's an odd way to try to make a living.

Ah hah! I was just thinking it had been too long since we'd had a visit from Dr. Septopus and his gang! Glad to see all is still bafflingly going awry :D