Monday August 18th, 2008

The exercise:

Today's starter is: passing judgment. Yeah, sometimes this is just about writing therapy.

Mine:

I don't know you, I've never even seen you. But I've heard you.

Your words, relayed through another's lips, passing judgment on a stranger. Capitalized ignorance, parenthetic insecurities, self-important exclamation marks, close-minded periods.

You know best full stop
No knowledge of my situation comma don't care to learn full stop
Unfounded criticisms comma unsolicited advice full stop

I don't know you, but I've heard enough. I've never seen you and don't plan to. I'm too busy living my own life, I suggest you start doing the same.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

If i were you i would...
have your mom, you dad, your siblings...
or lack thereof too...
I would have you history, your trauma, your love...
your view of truth...

If i were you i would...
do exactly as you do...