Sunday August 24th, 2008

The exercise:

I went to my writers group this morning for the first time in a month and a half and I almost didn't make it. I'll probably use what I wrote at the meeting for tomorrow's exercise, but today's will be to write about motivations.

Mine:

I almost didn't come here today
Not because I had nothing to say;
No, my reasons were much more mundane:
I woke late and it was pouring rain.

But I thought to myself: that's no good;
Get up, go get wet, write like you should!
So I came with umbrella in hand
To have my creative fires fanned.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

very good...i was hoping to make it there for the first time today...alas will have to wait for next one, which i really hope to make it to...for the time-being, youre site helps...

Motivations...will get back to here later...feeling motivated to be a bit more thoughtfull at the moment...ie-feel like editting...

Patty Logos said...

...and she emerges...
awake in the existence...
of her being...
that operates with the universality...
of all the various things...
dancing...
playing...
inspiring interactions...
that create and beautify and love...
the particulars that flow freely...
back to the universal...
and she submerges...

thoughts thoughts thoughts...

where does it all begin...
and where do i...
begin...

she breathes...
onto her world...
life and love and beauty and all...
the out that mixes...
with in...
without...

she gasps...
as she sinks back down...
grasping at the edges...
trying to feel its shape...
and to hold onto the colour...
flowing through her...
little bottle of ideas...
that she turns red...
by choice...
because all she knows...
is something she feels...
someplace...
she hopes will be better...
for her having been...

Marc said...

Welcome to the blog and thank you for the wonderful poem. I look forward to reading more from you!