Sunday August 31st, 2008

The exercise:

Let's end August with another random CD starter. This time around I laid out six CDs in a row that I've been listening to, then went to a random number generator I found online. I got it to generate one random number between 1 and 6 to pick the CD, then got a number from 1 to 11 (11 being the number of tracks on the chosen CD) to select a track. The first line of that song was my starter.

It sounds more complicated than it really is.

Mine:

Sarah Harmer - I'm a Mountain - Escarpment Blues

If they blow a hole in my backyard
Everyone is gonna run away.
Newsmen will come from every town
And we won't even get a say.

No more obscurity, no more peace,
Our neighborhood will be front page news.
Reporters will vie for headline quotes
And smother us with their pompous views.

And I will look down upon it all,
Safe in my private balcony;
I'll see the burned pictures, shattered toys,
Precious dreams scattered in the debris.

No comments: