Wednesday August 13th, 2008

The exercise:

A conversation between any two parts of your body. Mine happen to be in conflict but two that are in harmony would also work, I suppose.

Mine:

Legs: So let me get this straight...
Brain: Here we go.
Legs: Last night we ran ourselves to exhaustion at ultimate.
Brain: Yes.
Legs: For like two and a half hours. Real, real tired. Like I could barely get us up that tiny hill after the game.
Brain: I recall.
Legs: And now this morning you expect me to bike us halfway across the city, then back again.
Brain: Uh huh.
Legs: On one night's rest. And we hate mornings. Are you failing to see the problem here?
Brain: Listen, if we keep this up you'll be in great shape and this sort of stuff will just get easier and easier.
Legs: Ha ha, that's a good one... if we keep this up... that's cute. It's like you actually expect me to get you out of bed tomorrow morning.
Brain: It'll be fine, we'll rest this afternoon and tonight, get a good sleep and then we can get back at it tomorrow!
Legs: Who the hell put you in charge anyway?
Brain: Hey, nobody else wanted to take charge. Well, besides that guy that hangs out with you but I think we can agree his judgment is atrocious.
Legs: A throw what?
Brain: Bad. Completely lacking rational thought.
Legs: Then why do you let him take charge every now and again?
Brain: We'll have to discuss that later, time to hop on the bike!
Legs: I hate you so much.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Brain:
Look at me!
Hey! Look at me please...cause we had it planned out...dont leave us now...

Do you see the roads? Theyre there with you...youre supposed to be out there NOW...moving with it all... feeling it, feeling them, feeling you...endless reflections of all that you love...

Heart:
Ya i know...i see it...all laid out there...it still needs some working out...but it's all i need to know...to know where to go...

...i was hiding in his space...you know how it gets: fear and insecurity...

i fit there...you know? it was easy and right and comforting...

and i transplanted myself...took off without you...and followed myself into magical world of dubious destination...

im refitting it all now for us...i can make it all work...with you...

can you feel me?

Brain:
I feel you love...knocking up against our good sense...NOW...let's dance...

Marc said...

Good to see a returning name, thanks for dropping by and sharing again :)