Sunday August 17th, 2008

The exercise:

A slight variation on the random cd exercise I've become so fond of: I was doing some writing while listening to my iPod when I decided to use the first line of the next song as my starter. I also wanted to do it as a poem this time since I had been avoiding it in previous attempts.

Mine:

Foo Fighters: Learn to Fly

Run and tell all of the angels:
This could take all night.
I hope God isn't in a hurry:
It's time for a fight.

Tell me why life is so unfair:
Cancer for a dad;
A new life stolen from a womb;
Yes - I'm getting mad.

Diabetes here, blindness there,
Death everywhere.
This is how life's supposed to be?
Do You even care?

A baby born two months too soon-
All part of Your plan?
We cannot do this on our own;
Help us, if You can.

If You're even there...
Are You? Are You there?

No comments: