Friday May 15th, 2009

The exercise:

The starter for this week's Four Line Friday Prose is: long weekend.

Kat and I are off to the Okanagan this weekend and I'm not sure what my 'net access will be like while we're there. I've scheduled posts to go up Saturday and Sunday just in case it's a no go. We should be back early enough on Monday to do that one from here.

Have a good weekend, whether yours is long or just regular sized.

Mine:

I'm leaving in less than an hour to spend the long weekend in the Okanagan at Kat's parents place. I always enjoy my visits there but I'm particularly looking forward to this one.

My sister Sue and her husband Jake are coming with us, for the first time. I can't wait to share the trip with them - hopefully everybody gets along (of course they will).

2 comments:

Greg said...

Normal sized weekend here in the UK, but next weekend is a long one. I think I'm going to a barbecue then on the Sunday -- not quite the same as the Okanagan :)

Long weekend

We discovered the temple in the highlands on a bank-holiday Monday. The massive stone structure reared up from the rocky landscape like a petrified explosion; all strange angles and odd extrusions. Bateman, who had been eating mushrooms the night before, starting giggling and drooling uncontrollably when he saw it.
We were very disappointed to learn that it was closed for the long weekend and that we'd have to come back tomorrow.

Marc said...

Ah, I do like the ending you've provided to that little tale. Very much :)