Monday May 4th, 2009

The exercise:

Today's starter shall be: it all comes out in the wash.

Mine:

Scrub as I may, it will not come clean
Got to hurry, before I am seen
Cannot leave a trace, no path to track
Dawn is coming fast, still need to pack

The end will be fair, what a great lie
It sounds real good, up until you try
If there's a yin, I have lost the yang
For this mess, I will be sure to hang

I hear the sirens, time has run out
When they see this, there will be no doubt
I did my best, I swear it is true
Lock me up, for crimes I did not do

2 comments:

Greg said...

Feeling cynical there? I like the poem, there's a sense of urgency to it, although it's not completely clear what's happened.

It all comes out in the wash

"It's a wonder, it's a whizz, it's fantastic!
It works on leather, paper, processed cheese and plastic.
There's no stain it can't remove, not a one it can't kaibosh,
You're guaranteed that it will all come out in't wash.

It burns off hair and will trim your nails!
It'll get you bargains in the Christmas sales!
It'll feed your fish and walk your dog,
Descale your snakes and bone your frog!

There's nothing else like it, so buy today!
It'll mend your marriage and turn your son gay,
It'll grow you courgettes and winter squash,
And it always comes out in the wash."

Marc said...

The fact that... whatever yours is... works on processed cheese *and* plastic is very impressive.

I like it, very whimsical :)