Thursday May 21st, 2009

The exercise:

With a week and a half left before the Walk to Cure Diabetes fundraiser I thought I'd throw up one last reminder that I would be extremely pleased to receive any donation amount that you can afford to give.

Also, supposedly international donations are now accepted from select countries, including the States, the UK, India, and France, just to name a few.

So if you're willing and able, please head over here:

Marc's donation home page

And click on that Support Me button. You'll have my unending thanks and appreciation.

Alright, getting back to business, today's starter is: Forgetful Jones. For those of you who were not lucky enough to grow up with this cowboy... you missed out.

Mine:

If my head wasn't screwed on,
It would be long, long gone;
If I didn't have this list,
So many chores would be missed.

If there were no butterflies,
I'd forget to see the sky;
If you were not here for me,
I just might forget to be.

2 comments:

Greg said...

I'd not forgotten that you're going to be slogging your way around that course at the end of the month! Good luck with that :)

I can't say I remember Forgetful Jones, but I also hated Sesame Street as a kid too, so that may be why. Something about puppet shows, I never liked Fraggle rock either.

Nice little poem though, I have days when I feel exactly like that. I think the most embarrassing was wandering around looking for a book I had tucked under one arm....

Forgetful Jones

We asked him to babysit, he said yes.
We dropped off our son and went to eat.
When we came he didn't remember us
And our son was out playing in the street.

He came to visit us one sunny day
And told us that we had a beautiful home
Then he looked puzzled and asked who we were
"We're friends of Forgetful Jones"

He's looking a little blue now,
And we'd like to ask him to leave
But poor old Forgetful Jones
Has just forgotten how to breathe....

Marc said...

Yeah, my memory is pretty crap. Just ask Kat.

How could you hate Sesame Street? You must of at least had an affinity for Oscar?

That final stanza is great :)