Friday May 22nd, 2009

The exercise:

Four Line Friday Prose returns with: under an unrelenting sun.

Yeah, it was pretty hot here today. I loves it, I really does.

Oh yeah, as promised, here's the view from my new desk:


Mine:

The skin on his neck was oh so pale this morning. Now, after a day's hard work in the fields, it has transformed into a shining, radiating pink. The change is fleeting though.

Soon the pink will peel away and all that will be left behind is what was there to begin with - chalky, pasty, immaculate white.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Oh wow, that view is fantastic! You'll have to let us have a view in each season, so we can envy you some more :)

Nice work with the four-line prose, you've managed an eloquent description of sunburn from start to finish.

Under an unrelenting sun

The erg underfoot ripples almost like water and we have to pause. Somewhere in the distance the sand is drumming and we are unconsciously walking to its rhythm. That is dangerous in the desert. We start walking again after what feels like an age under an unrelenting sun, and I wonder what possessed me to be an extra on the film-set of Dune.

Marc said...

Well if I'm still there when Fall comes knocking I'll be sure to sneak another picture :)

The final line of your prose cracked me up again :)