Monday May 18th, 2009

The exercise:

Made it back to Vancouver, mostly alive and generally in one piece. The cold was reasonably nice to me on Friday and Saturday, before kicking my arse on Sunday. Today has been okay.

Had a wonderful time despite my lackluster health - it's hard to complain when you've got great food, great company, and thirty degree weather.

Feeling like some haiku today, so let us have a go at offering up some three line tributes to... whoever comes to mind.

Mine:

Ode to a camper:
Tell stories 'round the campfire
While missing TV.

* * *

Oh hot dog vendor,
Don't you ever consider
Where your fare comes from?

* * *

Dear high school teacher
I don't know how you manage
All those bratty kids.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Sounds like you've had a pretty good weekend overall then! I like all three of your haikus, though probably the second best of all. I live near Borough Market, a big reason for picking my little flat, so I never have to ask my hot dog vendors that :)

Haiku 1:

The wind blows you down
Summer rains dissolve your hopes
Tomorrow's cancell'd

Haiku 2:

Paper wet with ink
Describing life's best moment
Wins just second prize

Haiku 3:

Sleeping Beauty wakes
To find her prince is dreaming
Of Cinderella

Marc said...

Oh, your last one is just perfect. I want to print that one out :D