Monday May 11th, 2009

The exercise:

As the wonderfully inept Canucks ended their playoff run tonight, the starter shall be: the long wait begins again.

On the plus side - no more hockey watchin' to take up my precious spare time. Hurray?

Mine:

Winter has passed us by,
Clouds slip from the sky;
Collect your hollow gear,
Be gone quick from here.

Again the season ends,
With more let down friends;
Perhaps we should give up,
Think not of that Cup.

Except when Fall returns,
So too does that burn;
Waiting begins again,
Though it be in vain.

4 comments:

Greg said...

Ah,I was going to ask you today where our weekly "Go Canucks go!" was. I'm sorry you're waiting another year for victory. It adds a certain poignancy to your poem knowing that.

The long wait begins again

The last gold is gathered in,
The fields are stubbled now,
The long wait begins again,
And the people wonder how
They'll see the winter through,
Though food is stored and saved.
The fires are lit anew,
For the winter must be braved.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Persephone The vicious cycle begins anew:
I am preserved in icicle promises;
Sealed in snow drift kisses.
I am impatient for the sun
To melt away these frozen desires
Hidden deep in the deserts
Of my dessicated heart.

Marc said...

Greg - ah, I'll get over it pretty quick, I always do. I really, really like the final four lines of your poem.

Ana - nicely done. Very visceral feel to it.