Thursday May 14th, 2009

The exercise:

I appear to be getting sick. Okay, technically, I appear to *be* sick. Whatever. Either way, this annoys me greatly. I literally get sick once a year, but it never fails to happen at a bad time. Right before the long weekend for this one - good job, Cold.

Anyway. Today's starter: the view from here.

Mine:

I'm switching to a new (still temporary) position at work next week. It's in a different building and I went there today to get the security access, computer setup, and orientation stuff out of the way. And while doing some of my new work I also got to sit at my new desk.

Um, yes. So, so yes. I basically have the same view as we do from our balcony (which I absolutely love), except five stories higher and about eight kilometers to the east. I think I spent half the day staring out the window.

I would humbly put forth the thought that this will be a significant improvement on the cubicle wall I've been staring at for the last four months. I'll try to sneak a picture of it when nobody is around to catch me.

2 comments:

g2 (la pianista irlandesa) said...

Anytime's a bad time to get sick, really. Some are just more inconvenient than others. But I digress. Hope you feel better soon.

I look out my bedroom window, the one looking out the front of the house. I can see the quiet street, still asleep at this early hour. Other than the chittering birds, I'm pretty sure I'm the only living creature up at this point. It's rather nice, listening to silence, looking out on the quiet below.

"What's the point of getting up that early?" people ask me when I tell them what time I get up. The point? Well, I like to get stuff done first thing, but there's more to it. I especially love that before-sunrise glow as the night retreats, and the beauty of the silence that precedes the hustle and bustle of humanity.

Marc said...

I'd like to think getting sick on a Sunday night before a crappy week of work would be ideal. But that's just me.

I am feeling a bit better today, thanks for the well wishes.

Thank you for sharing your early morning view :)