Thursday May 7th, 2009

The exercise:

To celebrate the return of ultimate season, wander over here and pick an ulti term or two to use in your writing today. Feel free to completely ignore the provided definition.

The sport has some interesting terminology, you have to admit that much.


Mine:

Captain's Clause

Speak wrong, ye be walkin' the rottin' plank;
Sleep late, me hook might turn into a shank.
Betray me, ye be gettin' a keelhaul;
Mutiny, ye be eatin' cannonball.

Oh sure, it be against all of them laws -
But matey, I've invoked the Captain's Clause.

3 comments:

g2 (la pianista irlandesa) said...

Just can't stay away from the whole pirate thing, can you?

In-bound leaping throw.
The Greatest Play in Ult'mate!
Two words: Epic. Fail.

Gotta love early-morning haikus.

Greg said...

Hehe g2, I noticed the pirate thing too! I like your haiku.

Marc, that's a great little poem, though I'm never boarding a ship with you.

Conservation of Greatness

Oh Ozymandias, none were as great as you,
But when you died what was that greatness to do?
It has to be conserved and have somewhere to go,
And here it is, in my hand, as I ready my throw.
Ooops, butterfingers....

Marc said...

g2 - Yar, I don't be knowing what ye be on about lass.

Love the haiku though :)

Greg - well yer little Bobby still be stuck with Captain Bottoms, so ye best be watchin' yer mouth.

Great poem by the way - that last line took me completely by surprise. Cracked me right up :)