Thursday May 12th, 2011

The exercise:

Now that Blogger is finally working again (though I think Wednesday's comments are gone forever - argh), I'd like to try something new. I'm calling it: out of context.

The idea is to take things that might be said in a provided location or situation that elsewhere would be worrying, strange, inappropriate, or just plain old silly. Hopefully my example will make that clearer.

We'll begin with: in the kitchen.

The Sharks won game seven, so they'll be Vancouver's opponent in round three. I can't wait :)

Mine:

"So I just cut 'er in half and scrape the insides out?"

* * *
 
"Damn it. They're making me cry."
"Maybe you should stop cutting them."
"Not an option. They need to be in tiny pieces."

* * *

"Great, it's spitting oil at me again."

* * *

"First you smash 'em against this pan. Right? Okay, then you empty them into the pan. Still with me? Good. So then you scramble them up - sometimes you beat 'em first, but I'll leave that up to you. And then you finish 'em off by eating 'em. I like mine with a bit of salt."

3 comments:

Greg said...

This is an interesting prompt, I hope we see a little more of it! And I'm glad Blogger's back up and running too; I thought they did a good job of keeping us informed about the problems on their twitter stream.
I like your third one best, and based on your first one, you're never allowed to cook fish for me!

In the kitchen
"Batter it!"

------

"Pour the boiling milk on now, you want to scald them."

------

"It doesn't matter that there's big lumps still in there now, we're going to blend until it's smooth."

------

"You'll know it's the right temperature if it's gone brown and sticks to your skin when you touch it."

Heather said...

After your personal notification that Blogger was working again, I thought I had better show up. Unfortunately, I'm out of state so don't have much time to respond.

***

"Do you want a breast or a thigh?"

***

"Whip until stiff."

***

"That's hot!"

Marc said...

Greg - yeah, I was just a bit annoyed that the page they referred me to when I tried to log in was extremely uninformative. I had to go looking for better info - which was available elsewhere, thankfully.

I think I like your second best, but the third appeals to me as well :)

Heather - my answer to your first one will always and forever be: both :)

Thanks for making the time to stop in!