Friday February 6th, 2009

The exercise:

This musical edition of Def Poetry Jam Friday is inspired by my finding my Ipod last night (I hadn't seen it for about a month and a half).

So here come KRS-One and Doug E. Fresh with 2nd Quarter.

Mine:

For the second Friday night in a row I'm heading out tonight so this has to be quick. Where did this social life come from, and who should I be returning it to?

Anyway. KRS-One is great - positive messages, positive role model, positively brilliant. And Doug E. Fresh can beat a mean box.

For the record - that woman's reaction when Doug E. comes out? Man, just once I want that response when I walk into a room. Is that too much to ask?

Here's some more musical def poetry from John Legend. Take care all.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Well, if you let me know when you'll next be delivering a live show of your poetry, I'll get all my cutest female friends to come along and go wild for you like that :)
...unless they say no, of course, in which case I guess I'll have to drag up and do it myself
...which might be disturbing for you.

hmm. Time for a plan B I think!

Marc said...

Oh, it doesn't have to be for a performance. Just a random room, anywhere in the world. :D

I'd probably go bright red and run away, but still - t'would be a moment to remember hahaha...