Sunday February 22nd, 2009

The exercise:

Sunday seems like a good day for music. So, with more restraint than I showed last time around, here comes Musical Linkstravaganza number two!

I've limited myself to three artists, two songs apiece. See how good I am?

Mine:

Oh man, only three? Okay, I can do this.

First up is the Dave Matthews Band with Satellite and So Much To Say.

Your Canadian content for this edition is k-os with The Love Song and Crabbuckit.

And lastly, for now at least, I'll leave you with Morcheeba's Over And Over and The Sea. I was introduced to Morcheeba by two British girls I met in New Zealand who were shocked I'd never heard of them before. Now that I've had a few years of listening to them, I can say I fully understand.

And that's that. I shall hit Publish Post before any further music invades my skull.

3 comments:

Greg said...

I'm doing better this time, I've heard of the Dave Matthews Band and Morcheeba, for all I've not heard a lot by them. Good choices though, in my opinion!

So, what can I offer in return?

First up is Windmills of your mind. This version is Alison Moyet (appearing on the Two Ronnies, no less!), though there's a very good remix of it out at the moment I can't find the artist for (and a nice little remix of it called Clockword, by Phrase).

Second is Space Oddity by David Bowie, mostly because I recently picked up his greatest hits and was struck by how contemporary his music sounds... not bad for songs that are 40 years old!

And finally this time round, we have Far away trains passing by by Ulrich Schnauss. It's seriously beautiful to listen to (more so when you realise that the drum line is the sounds of the trains) and is how I get to sleep most nights.

I hope you like them Marc!

--g

Marc said...

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be sure to check them out later :)

Oh, I'd meant to say - of your previous choices I really liked Mike Doughty. I thought I'd never heard of him before but then I came across a random YouTube comment about him being the lead singer of Soul Coughing, who I most definitely had heard of!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love Dave Matthews Band! #41 is a big favorite for me.