Monday February 2nd, 2009

The exercise:

Parkovic over at Protagonize came through for me in a big way today with a modification of my profile picture. I think it's brilliant and I am deeply grateful - though I suspect this might lead to him getting pestered by a lot of people to draw a lot of pictures.

So as a tribute to his awesome drawing skills, today's starter is: caricature.

Mine:

The old grumpy drunk with his big red nose,
The stressed office worker with running hose,
The glitzy rich chick with her stylish furs,
They're really all just caricatures.

The teenager lost in his own drug fog,
The ditsy blond bombshell with her purse dog,
The TV cat with its pitch-perfect purrs;
They're truly all just caricatures

The intellectual smoking his pipe,
The homeless man who smells overly ripe,
The gruff cowboy with his over-sized spurs -
Just some more lazy caricatures.

The way sad news is such a dreadful bore,
The way we speak of death in metaphor;
And though of this I'm not completely sure...
Perhaps we're all just caricatures?

No comments: