Wednesday February 4th, 2009

The exercise:

I'd like to indulge in some self-promotion, if I may? Yes? Good.

So over on Protagonize a story I started has been chosen as this week's featured story. It has become a collaboration with four other very talented writers, so the honor certainly belongs to all five of us.

It's called
Tagged and you're all invited to have a gander, should time allow. It's up to 21 chapters now, of which I've written 8 and Greg, who's been poking around these parts quite a bit lately, has written 6.

As a little celebration, today's starter is: tagged. Mine ended up being a bit more abstract than I had intended, but I still like a few parts of it.

Mine:

Fresh paint glistens in the light;
The man listens to the night,
Like a statue lost to time,
With a painted dark red rhyme;
A slim body fueled by hate -
It's too early to be late.

His art bigger than his soul,
Soon he'll return to his hole;
To be hidden in plain sight,
His pen bidden to be trite.
With the setting of the sun,
There's no betting where he'll run.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Make that 7, I've finally added a long overdue chapter. I hope you like it, but I'm starting to feel like the slow one that the rest of you are taking pity on!

No poem from me today I'm afraid, I'm shattered from work. There has to be an easier way to earn a living... ;-)

Marc said...

Twas well worth the wait :)

And I don't think anybody's writing has let the story down so far, especially yours.

And yeah, work sucks. Must find a way to get paid for this writing thing.